Monday, October 16, 2006

Sock Mojo

I've been seeing on a lot of blogs that it is Socktoberfest, and everbody seems to have caught the sock bug. I personally have lost my Sock Mojo. I think it was the Pomatomus socks that did it. It's not that it isn't a great pattern, but I'm seriously tired of it, and it's not the kind of thing you just pick up whenever. To me, that's how socks should be - a project that's suitable to work on anywhere, anytime. In an attempt to get my Sock Mojo back, I cast on for Thuja with some Artyarns Supermerino that I bought on my Rhode Island trip over the summer. This pattern moves so quickly, it's not even funny. I think I may have my mojo back, but to maintain it, I may have to accept the fact that Pomatomus won't be finished anytime soon and it's OK to cast on for another pair. I have yarn for about 4 pairs of socks and it MUST be used. I haven't decided on what will come next, but maybe the pair from Greetings from the Knit Cafe.

I used a tubular cast-on for these for the first time ever. It does create a lovely edge, but my only concern is that it may be a little tight. It seems like it will stretch though.


By the way, did everyone see the Interweave Knits Winter preview? Lots of potential beauties there. I really like the Refined Raglan, but there are definitely a few others that look lovely.

Also, I ordered my tweed last night - 14 balls of Loch Ness Teal. I want it NOW!!!!

Apologies to the winner of my Debbie Bliss yarn. Life was basically hell last week, so going to the PO wasn't in the cards. This week for sure though, come hell (which it will since I have more homework than is reasonable) or high water (the only thing that can save me).

2 Comments:

Blogger elizabeth said...

Oh my gosh - don't stress about the yarn! Sheesh! Doesn't passing out indicate a head injury? Take care of yourself, girl!

That teal tweed is gorgeous. Gor-geous. Can. not. buy. more. yarn. Nope. Can't do it.

6:19 PM  
Blogger ~Kristie said...

Your sock looks great! I love the colors & thanks for reminding me of that pattern since I have some Cherry Tree Hill that may work perfectly with it.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home