Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Whipeout

I am posting today from my cellphone so there are no photos today.

I had a little problem around mile 35 of my ride on Sunday and as a result I did not do the full 60+ mile ride, instead I rode 47ish miles. I rode over a grate in the street, lost my balance, toppled my bike, hit the asphault with my elbow and passed out. I was only out for a couple of seconds and after a couple of minutes I was back on my bike and riding another 12ish miles. Yesterday and today my back and neck have been very sore. I am taking today off to relax and heal. I am bruised and sore but overall well, fortunately I wasn't seriously hurt.

In other news, on Friday I received my tea swap package which was perfect! Photos to come latter. I also have finished about 1/4 of the edging for lump of brown lace.

My cell phone battery looks low, so I will end this post. LATER!

3 Comments:

Blogger Siercia said...

Sounds like quite a wipeout! I'm glad to hear you didn't hurt yourself badly.

7:40 PM  
Blogger bitterknitter said...

47ish miles is still a long ways...especially after a topple. I'm glad that you didn't get hurt any worse.

You are so close to being done with the shawl! I can't wait to see it blocked!

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG. Man, you are one tough chick to continue biking after that! I'm so glad you weren't hurt worse, but I hope you will pamper yourself as long as is necessary.

You're quite a trouper and I'm sure the MS folks appreciate the major effort you made.

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home