Friday, October 13, 2006

Happy Friday the 13th

Thanks guys for your comments about the vest. I think I agree with you, but even if I didn't, live events have transpired so that I don't have time to do anything but trudge onward if I want to get to the neck steek by tomorrow. School has been nuts this week and promises to be worse next week.

I've been sticking to the mindless project this week, making loads of progress on Avast. I've finished the body up to the armholes and have begun the sleeve. I'm considering doing contrasting hem facings, so I'm playing around with using the Plumberry that I'm using for the vest. When I've decided on what I'm going to do, I'll post photos of it. Here's the body:

I know, you literally can't contain the excitement of looking at 15 inches of stockinette.

Did anybody see that WEBS has Skye Tweed on closeout for $3.99 per ball? They have hundreds of balls in practically every color. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. WEBS is EVIL! Watch for sweater quantities of some color of Skye Tweed, purchased by me, coming to a computer screen near you. You know I can't possibly resist a sale of this magnitude on tweed yarn. What kind of a tweed ho would I be if I could?

3 Comments:

Blogger Disentangled said...

WEBS' closeout tweed will be the death of me. I'm still surprised I haven't placed an order yet. Hope school mellows out soon. See you tomorrow!

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You evil yarn pusher!! Now I have to go check out all the tweedy goodness. You've given me your tweed bug, not fair!

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

avast is looking great!
webs is evil, the mecca of evil!!! I must resist the tweed, really who the hell am I kidding?!?

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home