Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Euuny Vest Confession

Before I cast on for my Eunny vest, I decided to change my colors again. I know, I know. Fickle. Truly, I just don't have an eye for color, and this vest seems to have violated all rules for color that I've ever used in my life. I've always felt that contrasting colors are best, but in this vest, that's not the case.

I'm not really happy with these either. The photo actually makes them look worse than they are. I refused to try a 4th incarnation, though, so I just went with these. As I'm knitting, I feel like they're incredibly ugly, garish and bright, but then when I try it on, I think they're cute and fun. Who knows? I'm seriously beginning to doubt that I'll even wear this thing anyway, so I'm not sure it matters.

I've finished Row 24 of the chart, which means that I'm only 6 rows from being done with the waist decreases. If I wasn't taking this class, and we hadn't carefully analyzed our gauge and re-written the pattern, this vest would be WAY too long for me. I'm so glad we did that. My fair isle gauge is problematic in that, in general, it's too tight, so the pattern comes out looking all squished and too small. So, every time I pick this project up, I have to remember to loosen up dramatically. I'm making a size that, with the gauge I got in class, would not even come close to fitting me, but I've been trying this on as I go, and it seems to be fitting well. Unless it grows dramatically during blocking everything should be fine.

I finished Somewhat Cowl yesterday morning and wet blocked it. It's still drying. Today, I read in the pattern that I'm supposed to fold the cowl neck inward instead of folding it outward, which is what I've done AND I'm supposed to sew it down. Guess it's a good thing I've finally decided to take a look at the pattern. I've pretty much done my own thing with it and have only glanced at it occasionally. I'm not even sure I'm going to do this step, but I'll try it on and decide.

I'm also going to swatch for Arisaig today. Finally. I'm very excited about this.

2 Comments:

Blogger Disentangled said...

That's pretty cool, I've still got a band of ribbing. I keep hoping my day off on Friday allows me to get caught up. What yarn/colors did you end up working with?

Can't wait to see the cowl!

See you Sat?

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I could ever pick out two colors to knit that vest! There are too many color combo's to go with : )

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home