Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Finished Piece


Well, I have blocked the shrug and have worn it (2 times already). It is a bit bigger than I wanted (it grew with blocking) and the sleeves are way too long, even by my "I like over long sleeves" standards. Other than that I really like the shrug. Sorry that my photos aren't great, my tripod is here at work and my camera is at home, so the camera was just resting on my stereo, and the focus doesn't seem quite where it should be .

Partial stats for project:
Annie Modesitt's Twisted Float Shrug from the Fall, 2005 Vogue Knitting. Yarn: Lorna's Laces shepherds Worsted in Bucks Bar (multi color) and Douglas Fir (solid) (I think) , and Grace Lilac color, (boucle) for the edging. Size 8 Addi natural circulars and dpns used. Started some time in May or June (I have the exact start date at home) and ended on Sunday, 9/30/06

Over all thoughts, while I like the way the twisted floats worked, the became extremely difficult to work on the out parts of the big circle body. Additionally, I had difficulty measuring my gauge on this due, in part, to the fact that the stitches were curved. This resulted in my knitting being looser than it should have and the sweater being bigger than called for.

Now that I have this monkey off of my back (or on it as the case may be) I can spend more time working on Season of Darkness Winter of Light (my colorwork sweater). I have picked it up again, and while I haven't made great progress, I am reminded of how much I enjoy working on it.

8 Comments:

Blogger Disentangled said...

Very cool! Congrats on finishing it. Even if you feel it is a little big, it doesn't look it.

10:22 AM  
Blogger bitterknitter said...

Yay, it looks great!

10:44 AM  
Blogger wenders said...

I think it looks awesome and am so glad I got to see it in person on Sunday!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Siercia said...

That is lovely!

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is beautiful!

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love the colors! Looks great on you too : )

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It turned out great, and I have to confess, I'm as relieved as you are that it's done. It was making you cranky which was making me cranky. I guess that's true empathy only knitters can know. It looks lovely. Congratulations.

1:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh wow, I really love it!! Slightly big, yes, but it looks like it should be that way!

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home