Saturday, September 30, 2006

Blocking


Today I was supposed to be taking a bike ride down to Plymouth, unfortunately my stomach had some issues and I felt that a bike ride that long would be unwise. Instead of biking I stayed home and knit. On Thursday night I managed to finish the second sleeve of Twisted Float. How did I do this since I had run out of yarn? I frogged some, but not all, of the body. First I removed all of the boucle, then I started to knit the sleeve using the multi color yarn as I frogged it from the body. When the sleeve was done I had a decision to make, I could either add boucle where I was, which meant that there the body would end with a large garter stitch section, or I could pull out a garter stitch section and knit another twisted float section (the pattern alternates garter stitch rows and rows that create the twisted floats). The second plan would give the body an edging similar to that on the sleeves, but would be a pain in the ass. I decided to follow plan b. I was using 2 circular needles, but didn't know how you are supposed to properly knit with 2 circs, so I did it wrong. I realized my problem as I was putting too many stitches onto one of the circs. To correct that problem I decided to start the next row and knit 2 rows at the same time, this actually made doing the twisted floats a bit easier. Now I am blocking the shrug. I will give you better photos when the blocking is done.

Isis says hi!

3 Comments:

Blogger bitterknitter said...

Hi Isis!

I hope your stomach issues resolve themself quickly. Shrug looks great all spread out :)

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

feel better soon! I like your float... nice color ;)

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you where able to finish your shrug! Hope you are feeling better.
Hi Isis : )

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home