Friday, June 09, 2006

Quick and Dirty Post

I've spent my morning actually knitting instead of posting so this post will be quick. I'm working on my IK Caramel (or in my case Blueberry) Cap Sleeve Top. A couple of days ago, I finished the knitting, and between last night and this morning, I did a lot of the finishing. I had to seam the sleeves and the sides and then do a round of single crochet around the whole thing. That took quite a while. I've still got to weave in the ends, make buttonholes and sew on between 10 and 12 buttons. Yuck! Anyway, here it is:

Sorry that the photo is so blurry but when I use my flash with this yarn, it reflects off of the yarn because it's so shiny. It fits a little weird because the neckline is so wide, but I think I just need to make an adjustment or two and it will work out fine. As I mentioned before, it's very heavy, though.

A couple of weeks ago, I returned a bunch of yarn to elann that I decided I didn't like, so I had a decent credit on my account that I've been itching to spend. Well, on Tuesday, they introduced a 100% linen yarn (Linus) that comes in sort of so so colors, but I liked the white enough, so I bought enough to make the Slit Front Tank from IK. It's a free pattern available on their website. I've wanted to make this for quite some time, but haven't found the right yarn. Well, here it is - the right yarn! It's much softer than a lot of linen yarns that I've felt, so we'll see how it goes.

I've taken on a new job this week. So, in addition to working my regular internship and grading papers for two classes, I'm also doing research 15 hours per week for a professor. That should keep me occupied this summer, huh?

Who's planning on being at Rebecca's tomorrow? I know I am.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be there Sat! I can't wait, I've been having scone withdrawls.

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at you go! Can't wait to see buttons on Blueberry : )
Linus looks lovely

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I was coming today. But something has come up. I am going to try. (it's killing me. I have so much knitting to work on. All I want to do is curl up on one of the non-smelly chairs and knit all day and chat.)
:(

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home