Monday, June 12, 2006

Aquafina getting close!

When I started Aquafina, I knew it would be a test of my patience because doing an entire sweater on size 3 needles would be a challenge for someone like me, who likes instant gratification. Unless I put them down forever and never touch them again (which happens more often that I care to admit), I usually can finish projects relatively quickly, which satisfies my impatience. But I just had to have this sweater and it just takes a long time to make. I was really afraid that I would simply get bored with it and let it sit in my growing pile of UFO's, never to see the light of day. However, yesterday, I put the whole thing on one circular needle and joined it to make the ribbing! Wouldn't you know it I made one mistake, the only mistake so far, on the last row of lace! I couldn't find it for the life of me, so I just k2tog and got on with the ribbing. I've only done two rounds but we're getting there. Only 6 inches of ribbing, then a smidge of seaming, and voila! A finished summery top. One of my favorites I think. Isn't that always the way with things that take hard work?

In my attempt to continue my fair isle training, I also purchased some yarn to make the Christmas Rose bag from Handknit Holidays (thanks for the idea, Kris!). I really like the colors. The pattern calls for 16" circular needles, but since I hate those, I'm considering just doing it on double points. I hate those, too, but they're much better than the wrist killing 16"'ers. Now that I think I've settled the needle issue, I'm ready to begin this project. It seems like a really doable, inexpensive and pretty first fair isle project.

I'm off to yet another day of training at my new job. I don't remember if I posted about this or not, but I've taken a new job doing Computational Fluid Dynamics for a professor at SDSU. I'm learning everything in a week (we hope), so I'm a little nervous but hopefully, it will give me a good Master's topic AND help me get a job. The guy who had the job before got a job at NASA, so we'll see!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sonya said...

Great colors for the Christmas Rose bag. Aquafina's ribbing and smidge o' seaming will fly by. And I've always been curious about Computational Fluid Dynamics! Not really, but I love how it sounds.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home