Tuesday, March 28, 2006

A Late Post

First: Accident report:

Thank you to everyone who wished me well after last Tuesday. Thank you too to everyone who offered their help. The accident has made me realize how lucky I am to have the people around me that I do. Everyone has been very kind. In fact, Christine has been so kind as to give me "Pity Yarn" 3 skeins of Art Yarns Supermerino, enough for a pair of socks, which I can't wait to start, although I have socks on dpns now, but not on the size dpns that this yarn would need... I am thinking of Thuja from Knitty, what do you think?

I saw an orthopedist on Friday and I have every hope and expectation of a full recovery. I was even given permission to walk without the crutches, to the extent that I could handle. I learned on Saturday that what I can handle is not as much as I thought, and that I pay for that mistake that night or the next day.

Next, the really important stuff: KNITTING!

As might be expected, being trapped in your own home can lead to loads of knitting time. Loads of knitting time can lead to the hood of Rogue being finished. I can also lead to the Rogue sleeves being started. This can lead you to the discovery that you may not have enough yarn to finish Rogue, and that Elann does not have more of the Peruvian Highlands Wool in your color in stock, they have every other conceivable color under the sun, just not celery, and I think I need max of 1 more skein. This is somewhat concerning, but since I just started the second to last skein, I am going to try going for optimism and hope that neither sleeve takes a full 2 skeins to finish. Do you think my optimism is crazy?

In addition to Rogue progress, I have also got some very bright green yarn to make a surprise baby gift for my Aunt (who I don't think knows about this blog). The yarn was a bit surprising to me since I thought that I was ordering a pastel green, this should teach me not to trust the knitpicks image I see on my lap top screen. I have started the gift and have been making good progress (at the expense of Rogue, and the Wedding Ring Shawl).

Due to the accident, I think that hand knit socks are necessary for me right now. I like wearing my hand knit socks in the surgical boot/shoe thingy. I have already worn the ones Lissy made me, Embossed leaves, and some fug that I made last year. So, I have picked up my Shelridge Farms sock yarn and gotten back to it. Since the shoe is only on one foot, I have only been wearing a sock on that foot. I already have one shelridge farm sock done, so I don't really need to finish the second, but it will be nice to have a matched set.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Madame Zelda foresees in your future... Pleas for celery yarn on the S'nB board, and every other one you subscribe to... Yikes. Let's hope she's wrong!

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the green. I love bright colors for babies and kids. I think the brighter shades make for longer use of the blanket into toddler ages. What pattern is that? I love the letters!

3:58 PM  
Blogger wenders said...

Is that a blanket from the Debbie Bliss baby book? I've always wanted to make that, too. I like the green, also. :)

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm crossing my needles praying that you have enough yarn to finish Rogue! Your Aunt is going to love the baby blanket! I love the color kids love nice bright colors : D
Glad to hear that you got good news from the Ortho! I love the pity yarn! Thuja would be so nice, thick and cushy! Take care

9:59 PM  
Blogger Una Spenser said...

Hey Sweetie, Lots of people here at Circles worrying about you. Please let us know if we can help with errands.

Perhaps our First Saturday dinner tonight could be in the North End?! Would be able to make it out?

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home