Tuesday, February 14, 2006

USA I Hate My Project Team?


So many bloggers out there are making amazing progress on their KO project, I am not one of them. I have no finished back, finished sleeves, or anything else finished for that matter. Why? you may ask, well I have really only been dedicating ordinary (for me) amounts of knitting time to the project, also I am bored and think I hate my project. My stitches are terribly uneven, and knitting Continental makes my left wrist hurt. Allison from Circles showed me a different way to purl continental, which helped my wrist but started to bother my thumb (I know, nothing but complaints, huh?) Well 4 days into the Olympics I am still on the back. On Sunday I almost cast on for my Wedding Ring Shawl, but instead to relax my left wrist I alternated Brioche with my VK Shawl, which you may have noticed languishing without progress on my progress bar for months. The Brioche is interesting in that the wrong side is almost as attractive as the right side, but man is the fabric thick, this will be one very warm sweater.

The socks that I showed in my last post aren't really from any pattern, I am kind of designing them myself, I did take the cable motif from a sweater pattern. I have not yet decided what kind of toe I will be using, so stay tuned for that!

Finally, in honor of the fact that this is the day that corporate America tells us that we are not loved if no one gives us flowers, chocolate, or jewelry (do they do this throughout the rest of the world?) a bouquet of Rowan Calmer, on Lantern Moon "stems" Remember, love is not proven on one day out of the year, but rather in the million and one small gestures, actions, and words that are exchanged daily.
Good Luck fellow Olympians!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think you've made astounding progress. Perhaps hating the project is part of the challenge?

1:18 PM  
Blogger bitterknitter said...

It is so pretty, I can't wait to see it tomorrow. I hate my (much smaller) project too, we can hate them together!

4:04 PM  
Blogger wenders said...

I kinda hate my project, too...

And I love the bouquet. Amen, sister!

4:32 PM  
Blogger Lisa C..Knitter Navy Wife said...

I do love my Olympics project but I am beginning to hate my crayon box jacket. I love the technique and the pattern but I don't really like my clors and my yarn choices. I've planned another with no fur yarn. I just think the finished product is going to amke me look like a red and black furry oompa loompa-yuck!

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely foto. Fargin' brioche. Grrrrr.

10:54 PM  
Blogger Carol Ann said...

I think I hate my yarn, which is causing me to avoid my project. The yarn feels great knitted up, but it's not fun to knit with. *sigh*

Re: Valentine's Day, the b/f & I don't observe it by mutual consent. I got totally disgusted with it years-n-years ago because of the way gifts are evaulated based on their price tag.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home