Monday, December 12, 2005

Pressure (to the tune of Billy Joel's Pressure)

http://www.billyjoel.com/frameset_discography.html I think you may be able to hear the song through this site.

I’ve got to learn to plan ahead
Pressure
I’m just like everybody else
Pressure
I have very much to knit
And purl
Now I’ve come to a date
where the only thing I feel
Are loaded guns in my face
And I have to deal with
Pressure

I started so far in advance
Pressure
But I still cannot avoid
Pressure
Knitting for Christmas seemed such a good idea
It was a sincere, heartfelt
Gesture, so pure and Good
I have no time to finish
And I can not handle
Pressure

All stressed out with too much to knit
Knit 1, Purl 2
I should just quit
All this month is last minute gifts
For my family
Can I get done ?

(I won’t be done)
Pressure
Pressure

Blocking, weaving
What did I think ?
Pressure
My mind was so gone
That much was clear
Pressure

I am sure I had some cosmic rationale
Now here it is twelve days left
One sleeve, collar, and much more to go
How can I hope to finish?
Knit fast, stay up all night?
Pressure
Pressure

Scarf for my dad, yarn not yet bought
I am a nut
What have I thought?
Pressure

Started lace table runner Saturday
It was a a sincere and heart felt
gesture, so pure, and good
I have no time to finish
And I cannot handle
Pressure
Pressure
Pressure
One, two, three, four
Pressure

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have a X-mas knitting poem based on "it was the night before Christmas" you should see!

Projects look good. Idea: X-mas cards ccontaining notices of late gifts?

9:27 AM  
Blogger bitterknitter said...

How does your family feel about IOUs? I know that they are acceptable for handmade stuffs in my family (it is usually my sis that gets one). If you want to get together for some extra knitting time, I'd be more than happy to offer words of encouragement.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Jeanette said...

my family, particularly my mother, is quite accustomed to receiving partially finished projects, which she doesn't get use of until years latter when they are finally done.

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow... thats a lot of pressure!! I started my gift-making way back in September. I have only three things left, but I need to mail two of those back to Massachusetts... so ther's a little pressure for ya!

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Giggle. That's a masterpiece!

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home