Saturday, October 29, 2005

Hi! I'm the San Diego contingency for this blog. I am going to use this soapbox to post in-progress and FO pictures of my various knitting projects. I am completely addicted to yarn, both buying it and knitting with it. There's probably help out there for me somewhere, but for the moment, I'm happy with my obsession. I have a yarn stash that takes up half of one of the rooms in my house and the other half is filled with half-finished knitting projects. I'm sure someday I'll get around to finishing them...or frogging them to make something else.

Anyway, my "knitting room" is too messy to take photos right now, but once it's neater, I'll post photos of some recent FO's that are going to be Christmas presents for family members. I've been working on the Men's Rustic Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts for my father-in-law, the Branching Out scarf from Knitty for my mother-in-law, the Sophie bag from Magknits for my sister-in-law. I guess that covers all of my in-laws. For the rest of my family, I'm making the Men's Cashmere scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts for my dad, an afghan of my own pattern for my mother, out of Chunky AL by Elsebeth Lavold and La Boheme by Fiesta Yarns, a pair of socks for my brother out of Plymouth Encore and a hat for my husband out of yarn TBD. For my new 8 week old neice, Savannah, I'm making the Baby Bobbi Bear, pattern by Blue Sky Alpacas. There will be photos posted of all of these projects in the coming weeks. Hopefully, none of my family members will read this blog until after Christmas!!!

Until then, happy knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home