Sunday, April 02, 2006

Flash My Stash?

Yeah, right. Talk about shame! I've been seeing people bravely taking photos of their yarn stash and displaying it on their blog for all of the world to see. To me, that's like walking around naked. I don't want people to see my private stash! Sock yarn? I have plenty. Sweater quantities? Yeah, I've got that, too. Cotton, wool, bamboo, alpaca? Sure! I've got yarn in my den, my bedroom, my garage. I've even got several skeins in my car. My husband was cleaning behind the computer desk and found a ball of Rowanspun Aran back there. One morning, we woke up with a ball of Felted Tweed sleeping soundly between us. It's bad I tell you. I can't possibly knit fast enough. I wouldn't say I've got SABLE, but I'd say the day when I do is fast approaching. That being said, I also don't see myself sticking to any sort of yarn diet. There's just too much great yarn out there waiting to be bought by me. Even if I don't have a project in mind for the yarn at the time of its purchase, something ALWAYS comes along.

Case in point: Polar. I bought this on ebay almost a year ago because it was being discontinued. I thought I was getting the deal of the century - $7 a ball. After all, it would soon disppear off the face of the earth and then, there would be no more, kind of like Cotton-Ease (do NOT get me started on that!). So what if it's Winter White, roughly the same color as my face and hair. So what if it will wash me out and make me look like a zombie. It's Polar, damnit! It dying, fading away. Well, wouldn't you know it, I've found the perfect project for it. Here are my progress photos after my first day of knitting on Starsky. I really like the way it's turning out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It does seem to be kismet indeed.

1:37 PM  
Blogger wenders said...

I can't wait to see your Starsky complete. I am contemplating braving it someday myself. :)

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home