Saturday, January 14, 2006

Knitting Yin and Yang

Yesterday was something of a knitting roller coaster of emotions. Okay, it wasn't an exciting roller coaster, more of the kind designed fore or 4 year olds, but you get my drift.

The day began with my going to Borders and finding the Winter VK on the newsstands! Yippee, I was able to buy a brand new knitting magazine! The coaster begins to rise. I got into the office, however, where I received an email from Kpixie telling me that while I thought I was one of the lucky few who purchased one of the 12 skeins of Vesper sock yarn, I wasn't. They sold out, despite the skein I wanted (knit and tonic) being in my shopping cart, and despite them accepting my credit card. The coaster plummets! Fortunately I wasn't ready to knit with the yarn, and there will be more coming in in 2-3 weeks, so keep your fingers crossed for me!

In the afternoon My Gossamer arrived! Kpixie is redeeemed, it shipped on Thursday and I had it by Friday! The coaster was ascending again! I actually am able to continue with my hooded jacket this LONG weekend! Yippee! As soon as I got home I picked up my jacket and set down MaryElla, after all, I only started MaryElla because I didn't think I would have the Gossamer to work on my jacket for the weekend. You can see, though, that I have gotten most of MaryElla done, so I may end up driven to work on it sporadically this weekend. I don't love the harshness of the dark green again the stark white. I plan on putting some green ribbon through the eyelets in the center, hopefully that will help a bit.

After starting again the jacket I came to a quandary. I can't decide if I like my Gossamer choice when combined with the main color. Also I don't really like the way the color change looks. The jacket is primarily reverse stockinette stitch, and as anyone who has done color changes knows, the change usually looks MUCH better on the knit side than the purl side. I plunged on anyway, and will continue to plunge on hoping that I will like the finished product. Fortunately, this is a pretty easy knit, a nice change, in some ways, from all the lace work I have done recently. The color on the picture to the left seems to be fairly accurate.

The final plunge of the coaster came this morning when I logged onto the internet and remembered I had to work. Well, I guess no coaster can end at the top of a hill, and it could be much worse.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Crazy thought: What about raspberry, wine or purple ribbon instead of green? Using green ribbon might just emphasize the contrast.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home