Sunday, January 15, 2006

Clapotis is finished!

Well, at least the knitting part is done. I still have to finish blocking it and weaving in the ends. But, here it is:

She's a beauty, ain't she? The colors in this colorway of Silk Garden are so amazing. It completely envelops me when I wrap it around myself, which I absolutely love, and it doubles as both a scarf and a wrap. I tried to get it into the shape of a parallelogram, but it just wasn't working out, so this will have to do.

So, since I finished a project, I naturally cast on for another one. Actually, first I decided to go to Needlecraft Cottage in Pacific Beach to buy some cute little gifts for my Secret Pal, which I did find, but I also found yarn for myself. I didn't go crazy, though. I was actually really impressed with this LYS this time. Usually when I got in there I'm pretty disappointed, but I felt that they'd ordered a lot of new yarn, much of which I have never seen at any other LYS in the area. They seemed to have a lot of Karabella, which is fairly unusual. Anyway, the pink yarn is a 60/40 blend of acrylic and cotton to make a sweater for Savannah and the blue/purplish yarn is a fingering weight washable wool yarn that I'm going to use to make the Embossed Leaf socks from the Winter Interweave Knits. It doesn't have any nylon in it, so I'm a little wary, but it's wonderfully soft and I love the color.

This is the sweater that I'm making for Savannah out of the pink yarn:


It's a Kim Hargreaves design out of the Pipsqueaks book they published a while back. I believe it's out of print, but it came in my Treasury of Rowan Knits book. I cast on yesterday at the Stitch and Bitch I went to at the Grove, and I think I'll finish with the back this morning. I don't know if I'll work on it at the Whistlestop this afternoon because Savannah's mom will be there and I want it to be a surprise. I may also decide, "Screw it" and work on it anyway. I love making baby sweaters because they go so quickly. Anyway, the Whistle should be fun today because I'm bringing my two friends who I have taught to knit. I love spreading the joy of knitting to others, don't you?

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeanette said...

your colorway is gorgeous, and so is your Clapotis. Savannah is very lucky to have such a wonderful and talented Auntie! Have fun with your guests at Whistlestop

2:37 PM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

Your Clapotis came out great! The baby sweater will be so much fun, too :-)

7:19 PM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

No, it wasn't me who got that cancelled spot :-( - but because that had happened the day before, that's why she put me on a waiting list, in case it happened again. Oh well, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

P.S. it sounds like you had all sorts of SnB fun this weekend. I didn't know that an SnB met at the Grove.

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you knit sooo fast! You've done so much on the baby sweater since saturday. Hope you had fun with my gang

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home