Sunday, December 18, 2005

Third Time's a Charm

I got the felted catbed from my parents on Friday and the sides were really floppy and couldn't stand up on their own. I think I mentioned that it had come out too big - 2 inches actually - so I figured that it probably hadn't finished felting. It had already gone through two cycles, so I decided to do a third cycle. I had previously been told that once a felted object dries, it cannot be felted again, but I figured I'd try it anyway. The picture on the left is how it looked before I did any felting, and the picture on the right is how it looks now, after 3 cycles. It shrunk those extra two inches in diameter, and I think the edges will stay up on their own. I had the impression that they'd be stiff, but they're not, so either I didn't use thick enough yarn or they just aren't stiff, period. Anyway, I'm very pleased with how it turned out, and I'm sure the cats will enjoy it too. I'll take some Christmas photos of them enjoying all of their gifts.

















Well, yesterday I spent ALL day cleaning, shopping and cooking for a fondue dinner party that I had last night. My entire body is wrecked, so today, I plan on doing nothing but knit. I'm going to go to the Grove in the late morning and probably spend all day there. I'm sure there'll be people there working on last-minute stuff. If you're a San Diego knitter, maybe I'll see you there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home