Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Finally Done!

You might remember that some time ago I claimed to have sewn the cutest thing ever and that you'd be seeing it soon. Well, I haven't had my sewing machine out since. I've been busy and have been more into knitting lately, but I had a Christmas gift to finish, so I had to get it out last night and finish it. So, at long last, you can see the cutest thing ever:

100_0252

I made the apron from Amy Butler's In Stitches book. In fact, I made two - one for myself and one for my mother-in-law. Fortunately, the one for my MIL came out better than mine. In fact, I'm really pleased with my work on it. I really like the pocket - particularly the way the two fabrics make it looks:

100_0253

I used contrasting thread to sew it on, so I had to be super careful to sew straight. I did OK, but not great.

I really love the pleats:

100_0256

I changed the way the tie was done. She has you fold over the rectangular end to make a triangle and hand sew it. I just sewed it to a triangular point - no folding or hand sewing. It seemed more secure that way.

100_0255

Joe is on his way to Chicago to deliver this to his mom and a scarf that I knit out of Manos for his SIL. Those are the only handmade gifts I did this year, so it was a much less stressful holiday season for me. I knit myself a beret and a newsboy cap that I may get a chance to show you while I'm on vacation - until January 5th!!!! I plan to get A LOT of knitting done. I'm considering making the Gathered Pullover or perhaps a vest. We'll see.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That apron is adorable! Enjoy your vacation & Happy Holidays!

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home