Friday, January 13, 2006

Free the Needles!!!! Free the Needles!!!!

You can call me the Great Emancipator! I've freed the needles! I finally finished this languishing project:

It didn't turn out as long as I thought it would, but I got tired of knitting it. It's long enough I guess. It's really soft and it will keep me really warm on those cold San Diego nights ;). In other words, it will make a nice closet decoration. I was going to put fringe on it, but I wasn't sure. What do you think? I made it out of some Rowan Polar that I scored at an LYS a while back. It's a pattern out of a Big Wool pattern book that I modified to work with this yarn.

The good news is that my needles are free to work on my Big Wool sweater from VK! I'm really excited about it. I haven't even been able to do a swatch because my needles have been tied up, but now, there's no stopping me! That will be my weekend project, right after I finish this:


This is Clapotis with all of the straight knitting done. The only thing that's left do is the decreases on one end and it's done! I love the colors, but I find the yarn a little scratchy. I think it will be an eye-catching piece. Here's another close-up photo of the dropped stitches:


I shouldn't have more than a day's work to do on it. I have some knitting time today, but I have two KIP events this weekend, so I should be able to make progress on this and on my VK sweater.

I did a lot of shopping yesterday for my Secret Pal. It sure is easy to get to $50 in a hurry. I only chose items from her wishlist because I figured she's guaranteed to like them that way. I'll post some photos of my purchases over the weekend.

Well, I start school next Wednesday at San Diego State University. I finally did it! I'm a graduate student! When I started this whole thing, I didn't think I could do it. I was switching careers from being a lawyer to being an engineer. My history degree was suddenly worth absolutely nothing. I had to start at the bottom, taking calculus, general chemistry, physics, etc., and it took two years to take my first upper division engineering course. This semester, I'm taking nothing but Aerospace Engineering courses, and I'm thrilled. I should be graduating in May 2007 with a Master's Degree! It will be my greatest achievement, surpassing law school definitely. That being said, I've enjoyed my five weeks off (A LOT of knitting time), but it will be good to get back to being productive. At least that's what I keep telling myself. I'll enjoy my last few days off, though, and try to get at least one more FO done.

Have a great weekend everybody!

1 Comments:

Blogger bitterknitter said...

I love how the drops intersect the color stripes on your clapotis. It is a pleasing effect.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home