Friday, January 06, 2006

Sorry, No Clever Title Today

Even though she puked up her breakfast when I was already 20 minutes late for work, I was pleased as punch to see this yesterday.

Even though I would think this bed is almost useless because the sides fold in on themselves, leave it to Princess to find a way to sleep in it. Princess raises the art of sleeping to the level of an Olympic sport, truly. I suppose that makes her simply a cat, doesn't it?

On to the knitting... I finished Joe's vest! Yay! I can't believe that I was able to finish such an old UFO. I have this mental block against finishing abandoned projects. No matter how hard I try, I find myself completely unable to pick them up and start working on them. In the past, I have abandoned another sweater for Joe, a VK sweater for myself and an afghan. Actually, if there's only three, I suppose it's not too bad. In the case of Joe's vest, I guess when it's for someone else, there's more motivation to actually finish it, espeically when it's just sitting here on the coffee table staring us in the face every day. Anyway, I snuck over to my mom's condo yesterday and blocked it. I'm hoping it will be dry enough for him to wear to our anniversary dinner on Saturday evening.

I will also be sporting some new duds on our anniversary date. Check this out - the 24 hour shawl! No, you didn't accidentally stumble onto Wendyknits.net. I'm not a knitting speed demon, but I did knit this shawl in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted. I drove all the way to Alpine to cop a feel of this yarn, and I was totally addicated immediately. I couldn't afford more than a couple of skeins and I knew that whatever I made had to be something I could envelop myself in, such as a shawl, hence this creation. This is only one skein, if you can believe it.


I actually think it's kind of ugly, but the yarn is so soft that I don't really care. It's supposed to be this pattern on the right, which looks light and ethereal and elegant. My version looks more like something you'd see on Elvira or perhaps over at Anti-Craft. It looks a lot like a spider's web to me. Thanks to the current Santa Ana conditions, it's already dry even though I only blocked it last night. Maybe Joe's vest has a chance of drying before Saturday after all.

I got a chance to see the Rowan 39 preview before they took it down earlier this week. Unlike Rowan 38, which was like playing "Find the Knitted Item in this Photo", this one has real potential. Also, I'm liking the looks of the preview over at VK.

I never got around to actually closing the voting on the Airisaig knitalong, but since we only got three yes votes, two of which were J and myself, I suppose I can safely say there's a lack of interest.

Today, I will have a lot of time to knit, but the question is, what project should I work on? I think it's too warm to work on the Ombre Alpaca Blanket, and I have made an error on Picovoli that I'd rather stick my head in the sand and ignore if that's alright with everybody, so I suppose there's always Birch (yuck!), or Chill (yuckier still) or my sock. Hmmm, nothing is thrilling me. Perhaps I deserve to start a new project for finishing two yesterday. Hmmm...

4 Comments:

Blogger bitterknitter said...

I think the shawl is absolutely beautiful! I love the color of it.

I'd say start a new project if you are feeling blah about the others. I love to start projects and I love to finish projects but sometimes the middle part isn't so loved :)

12:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agreee with Emily. Sometimes it's better to forgot about a project and then be excited and surprised to see it later.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

I really like how the shawl came out. Blocking is so amazing. Oh and that yarn!

Definitely start something new...that's what I do :-)

2:51 PM  
Blogger zippiknits...sometimes said...

I think it's really as beautiful as a butterfly, and just had to tell you so.

2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home