Monday, January 09, 2006

The Up Side of Single Life

This weekend was one of those glorious do nothing weekends that you only can have living alone and being single. I had no one other than myself to point out that perhaps my time would be better spent vacuuming than working on Lace and Tuck, and I can very easily ignore my rational side when it come time for cleaning. After all, the I finished the sweater part on Saturday morning, surely you understand my need to start and feverishly work on the capelet part. I was even able to successfully try on the sweater on Saturday morning. So where, you may ask, is the evidence that I finished my sweater? Well, I hadn't planned on posting today, but K is having some technical difficulties, so I stepped in. I promise a picture very soon though, and the picture will include the capelet as well, which is just 2 ribbed rows and some picot crochet away from being done! I was also able to make some progress on ethereal fichu, and I bought a new book to read.

With this sweater almost out of the way, it is time to start moving on to new projects. I now have 5 out of the 18 skeins of Karabella Aura 8 I need for the Victorian Hooded Jacket from VK, Holiday 2005. Unfortunately, each section starts with 2 rows of garter stitch in a contrasting color of Gossamer, which I don't have. I plan to circumvent this problem with a provisional cast on which I will just pick up and knit in the other direction for the edging. Hopefully this will work out for me.

Finally, despite a weekend of stress free knitting, I still feel tense and on edge. Since I don't have any pix of my knitting, I thought I would share this photo I took ages ago, which perfectly reflects my mood. Have you ever felt that you just wanted to smash something, break it into pieces? Well, we all know that not only is that not productive, but causes a mess which has to eventually be cleaned up. I was feeling that way one night, instead of breaking something I took some broken items and created this picture:

I am hoping that by reviewing my old work, the spark of inspiration will hit me. Thanks for your patience.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Love the photo! Why are you being so humble?

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rest assured, even if you find a bloke, you can train him well, like my gary. I just say, go home, I need to knit and read, and off he goes!!!! ;) I love that feeling of having the whole weekend to myself.

10:39 PM  
Blogger bitterknitter said...

It is most definately more important to start on a new part of a project than to clean! I can't wait to see the sweater, it is going to look great on you.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home