Saturday, December 24, 2005

Almost There

First, thank you for all the kind words about Chrissy. Her seizure really freaked me out. She has been doing better since then (that is, she hasn't had another seizure). I do have a feeling that this will be her last Christmas, and my last visit with her, which is very sad.

On happier news, I finished the stupid second sleeve! As you can see from this picture there are now 2 sleeves! I also did the collar of the sweater and started sewing the pieces together. Fortunately, K reminded me that you don't have to block woolease, which is what I used for the sweater, so I will just seem and run it through the wash and let it air dry and it will be done. I don't know when I will be seeing the grandmother this is for. We had expected her for Christmas, but she blew us off at the last minute.

Mom's table runner isn't so close to being done. I still have 20 rows to do. My glorious plan of tons of daytime knitting was flawed because it didn't leave room for going to the mall with my brother one day, and Barnes and Noble the next, or room for a 2 hour nap. It is unlikely that I will have the 20 rows done by tomorrow morning, but I will be able to work on it around my mother tomorrow, so with any luck, it will still be done on Christmas. I have made decent progress, but despite the fact that it has only been 2 weeks of working on this, I feel like I have been doing it for ever. I have finished 3 out of the four sections and have two fo the flower motifs basically done.

Finally, to those who celebrate Christmas, Merry Christmas! To those who celebrate Hanukkah, Happy Hanakkah! To anyone who celbrates something else, Happy Holidays!

1 Comments:

Blogger knitzalot said...

Congrats on finishing the sweater! That will be a relief to get it out of your UFO pile. What a shame, though, that after all of that work, she blew you off for Christmas! You'll have to let me know how your grandmother's socks fit her. I'll be giving my brother his socks today...they're huge! No way they'll fit him. All of my Christmas knitting is done except Vittadini.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home