Tuesday, December 27, 2005

After the Rush


I hope that everyone had a wonderful Holiday! I know that I did. My parents gave me Sharon Miller's Heirloom Knitting, I have an Aunt who also knits and she gave me some warm felted slippers.

Mom's present wasn't done for Christmas morning, so I gave it to her and immediately took it right back so that I could finish it. I would have had the knitting done that evening, but we went over to some neighbors for a couple hours and therfore, I didn't finish until the next morning. Actually, I just finished sewing the center closed this morning.

Yesterday we went to visit my mother's mother and father, so I took the opportunity to start my embossed leaves socks. I have 2 out of 3 1/2 repeats done for the first leg. Unfortunately my left wrist was starting to bother me, I think due to the fact that grandmom's sweater was knit continental instead of throwing. Since my wrist was bothering me, I worked a little on my lace and tuck sweater, but only got a couple of rows done, originally I had more done, but I forgot an increase so I had to rip out the approximately 20 rows that I had finished. By the way, this grandmother seemed to like the socks I made for her, and thought they would fit. Sorry the picture is on its side, I apparently forgot to rotate it before I uploaded it.

Finally, my other grandmother's sweater is completely knit, but the finishing hasn't been done yet. I figured that since she blew us off for Christmas, and since I don't know when I will see her, or when my parents will see her, there is no rush to finish it.

Oh, 2 times already this morning, Isis has jumped over the gate "keeping" her upstairs and come down. We let her down here for a bit on Christmas morning and kept Chrissy in the family room, but when the cats saw each other the gate came down and there was hissing and swipping the air between them. Now it is time for hypervigillance. Make it 3 times this morning. I think she is lonely and needs some attention.

2 Comments:

Blogger knitzalot said...

Congrats on finishing your mom's table runner. Did she like it? Now you can get on to knitting stuff that you want to knit. Are you enjoying the socks? I will definitely be wanting to knit those someday. I would have done it when I started my most recent pair of socks, but I've temporarily misplaced my winter interweave.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The runner looks great!

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home