Saturday, April 04, 2009

The First of Many

Today was the first of many recitals for Savannah - her first ballet recital. She takes lessons at the YMCA, and the recital involved each class performing as a group. Some did tap, some ballet. She's in a "Pre-ballet" class, where kids were around 3 or 4. It was mostly them wandering around the stage, jumping up and down and twirling around. It was really funny and really cute too. Here she is in her tutu:

100_0303

She loves to sing and dance, so I see a lot of performing in her future. I just noticed that a studio near my house teaches Irish dancing (which she sort of did instead of ballet during the recital, if I'm being perfectly honest with you), so my brother is going to look into signing her up. That will be a blast!

1 Comments:

Blogger Yarnhog said...

It is so much fun watching them perform at that age; they're not self-conscious, yet. When my older son was four, he desperately wanted to take the dance class at preschool, so I signed him up. When the recital rolled around, it was him...and 30 girls. They put him right in the middle in a sparkly top hat. It was hilarious! Now, at a dignified eleven, he likes to pretend it never happened, but we have the pictures to prove it!

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home