10 Favorite Things-R edition
I saw this meme on Knitting Reader's blog and volunteered to play along. 10 of my favorite things:
1. The Red Sox--it is a cult, once they have you, they suck you in, and that's all she wrote. Not that I object to belong to this cult, I am an enthusiastic member.
2. Red wine--enough said.
3. red accessories. I generally don't wear red clothes, I feel like they clash with my hair (I may be wrong, but I don't risk it). I love wearing/having red accessories though. A watch with a red band, red handbags, red wrist warmers, etc.
4. riding my bike--it is incredibly freeing to feel the wind whip past you.
5. Rimsky-Korsakov's Scheherazade--it makes me think of my first year in high school color guard (yes I was/am a geek). Also I love the drama in the piece.
7. Ravelry (this is a knitting blog, I am a knitter, and I am running out of ideas, this is harder than I thought)
8. Roses-not as in a dozen red roses, but as in rose bushes, salmon colored roses, rose gardens, etc.
9. Rose & Driftwood--a photo by Ansel Adams. That photo made me want to buy a camera, buy black and white film and create. I bought a print of it for my studio when I was in law school, and I still have it on my wall in my current apartment. You can see all the detail of the driftwood, you can practically feel its rough texture. You can see the fine lines in the rose petals, you can almost feel the contrast of the silky petals and the rough wood.
10. A Room with a View-loved this movie. From the love story to the soundtrack, it is just beautiful.